Tuesday, May 01, 2007

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12

They're the kind of crew that makes me wonder, "Was I that big of a goofball when I was in the 5th grade?", to which I get the immediate response "You were worse". Yep, that's my Tuesday and Thursday Bridge level class. 6 hours a week with them. They alternately drive me nuts and leave me completely cracked up.

I think I learned a valuable lesson from this class, for this is the first group of students in front of whom I completely lost my marbles. Enraged! Anger pouring out into a litany, a mindless lecture within which every alternate word was holding back an F-bomb (or the word "fuck" for those of you out of the "know"). Afterwards, I think we all felt genuine regret, I had a sit down with them, very solemnly talking about why I had gotten so angry and how it made me feel bad to yell. We came to some kind of agreement to avoid that in the future. Lesson learned! Don't say fuck in front of your students!

Anyway, this class is really funny to teach. They usually come up with some kind of priceless line or song or dance every hour. I'll miss'em!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin O said...

I noticed that the kid wearing the white and blue shirt, slouched in his seat is apparently flippin you off! Look at the pic close....haha

9:47 AM  
Blogger segovia said...

that son of a bitch

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home