Sunday, May 06, 2007

The "Leaving Korea in 3 weeks" to do list

So, I have 3 weeks left in Korea before returning to Canada. Many things need to be done in order complete this chapter in my life. Some items on this list will require painful separation from treasured items and dear friends. Others will entail a concerted effort and close attention to detail in order to make sure that all loose ends are tied up, or down...

Here is my Leaving Korea to do list:

1) Reveal my secret identity in a text message to every number in my cell phone 2 minutes before I have service cut off.

2) Find a home for my plants

3) Be "real" with my students

4) Pack a suitcase full of soju and airplane kimchi

5) In the last 5 days I will take it upon myself to engage in a full dialogue with every single kid who yells "hello" at me and then turns away to giggle with their 20 friends who were leering on.

6) Be "unreal" with my students

7) Kick every car or scooter that cuts me off while crossing a crosswalk.

8) Start practicing how to say "excuse me" again, oh yeah, and re-learn how to eat silently with my mouth closed.

9) Give away the 300 business cards my company gave me.

10) Make my last day at work one that, despite countless hours of therapy, will never be forgotten by anyone who comes in contact with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mai said...

Hi How are you doing? Are you ready to leave Korea? and be in Real Life? :-P

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home