Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Shanghai IV - Old Town



I just wanted to share some more pictures from the Shanghai trip. I have been back in Korea for one week now and working again, so my memories of the trip are starting to lose their vividness. Not much text, just a quick photo show.

There is a big bazaar in Old Town, a old run down district in the south central region of the city, which has a lot of tacky and underpriced souvenirs. My friend Kevin and I ended up following a walking tour we found in our lonely planet guides which led us through all kinds of narrow alleyways. Guidebooks in hand, we marched on with sopping wet laundry dripping on us from above.

There were a lot of people hanging around. Some had shirts, some did not but all of them seemed pretty unphased by foreigners walking through their neighborhood.

Yes, McDonald's... fits in nicely doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home