Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Lemon Party

Last week I was going over some taste vocab with one of my elementary classes and describing the difference between bitter and sour. So, I asked them to make a face as if they were sucking on a lemon. They all became very excited and yelled out "Teacher! Oh, lemon is delicious." .... Ok then, challenge accepted.
So I made a deal with them. I told them that I would bring in a bag full of lemons for them to eat next week and that they would have to eat them all. If you're reading this, well... you'd have to be... you can imagine my perspective. Eating a bag of lemons sounds like the losing end of a bet.
"Lemon Party!!" they cried. We than made a deal that they would all have to eat a bag of lemons in return for them letting me take their pictures. Here are the results:

This is Robin, he took down at least 2 whole lemons without blinking.

Susan, she was really disappointed when we ran out.

Had to get that last drop. Where are the sour faces???

Helena was cool as ice, she seemed to eat lemons like that french fry kid from those Heinz commercials. She probably eats her oreos in three phases too.

There we go!

This is Han, he was one of the strongest advocates for the Lemon party.

Oh yeah, not so tough after all, are you?!?

Looks like I lost the bet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home