Saturday, September 22, 2007

Aw, for God @%*'in sakes!!

...were my words as I crossed the finish line of the London Hospice 10k marathon this morning. My admonition was not a result of pain or exhaustion, although I was experiencing an abundance of both. Nor was it caused by my disappointment with my finishing time being lower than my last race. Actually, I was swearing not because it was higher...but because of how much higher it was.


The last race I competed in was in Busan, South Korea on March the 25th of this year. Same distance as before and I was only interested in finishing the race in one piece..wait,..





Uh, ok..so there is undeniable evidence that I did indeed finish that race. But look at this:


It was my first 10km and I was happy to have finished in an hour. And if you really don't believe it check this one http://seltsonblue.blogspot.com/2007/03/spring-marathon-busan.html


Alright, since that race I have not been idle. I began cross training (swimming and bike riding) in addition to running. At least something happens 5 days a week. Now, I'll be honest in that I have not been pushing the envelope hard enough to watch it bend, but still I should be in pretty good shape. Well, good enough to beat that 0:55:06. Even the last two weeks I got into race mode, went on a special diet, cut out the beer (whew! that was hard). Last night I ate 800 ounces of pasta. I mean, it was all there.


During the race, I kept a really brisk pace an stayed ahead of the pack always passing and only was passed twice. I even cued my iPod (which was loaded with heavy..heavy music) on at the 5km mark and stepped up. Man, the last k I was almost full out! So why the expletive upon crossing the line? As I said, I did beat my old time. Both were chip races so the numbers are accurate.


0:54:36...
I beat my time by 30 f#&*'in seconds. Why the angst? Technically I have nothing to be disappointed about . I achieved my goal... by 30 lousy seconds.
At this rate of progress, my great-grandchildren have a sure chance at the provincials!


3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin O said...

Hey....damn cool certificate for the race in Busan! I never got anything like it...a damn picture and everything! Don't get down about your most recent time...still cool stuff man. I've been a total running slacker as of late...

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dans cette foulée, dans bizarre fameuse tribune publiée par le Monde, icelui avait fustigé l'avilissement du traitement des
personnalités politiques par cette télévision, estimant "qu'être téléspectateur puis citoyen est devenu opposé".
Aujourd'hui, Montebourg s'est plié à cette règle du plaisir.
Icelui intervient à l’exclusion de broncher dans les émissions de divertissement.
Staragora est CECI position d'actualité people en compagnie
de des infos sur les étoile du cinéma, de cette musique, de
la télévision, de cette téléréalité, du journalisme, de cette politique, de la
mode, du jeu ensuite de Hollywood. Choisissez la taille de votre
lecteur Marquer cela lecteur Rare bond de chaton qui termine dans
cela vide (41 tari.) chats dont se buffe ainsi des fous en compagnie
de ce dos hérissé (59 épuisé.) Quels sont vos projets en contrepartie l’prochain ?


My web blog: video drole de chute

6:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ralph lauren
christian louboutin shoes
air jordan
uggs
michael jordan
juicy couture
kevin durant shoes 2017
mac make up
hollister clothing
true religion outlet
2018.1.18chenlixiang

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home