Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Korean Blog: Needles and X-rays

This week is my second of 9 weeks over the summer vacation. I have finally been given a home of my own that was even furnished. Feeling better, settled down a bit, work is going well too...but that's another story.

Current Korean immigrations laws require that foreigners applying for work visas must submit, upon arrival, to a series of olympic events in order to obtain their ARC (Alien Resident Card) which will entitle them open bank accounts and have internet and cell phone plans. Today I underwent the first task; a medical back ground check.

I had to climb up a pretty steep road to get to the hospital from the subway station. Later, during the heartrate portion of my exam, this would later prove to be a mistake. I was fortunate to have been assigned an interpreter at the information desk who led me through each portion of the check up. See, I was told by the government website that I would have to submit a blood and urine test in order to show that I didn't have "the HIV" or what I wasn't "on the marijuana". It turned out that I was to enjoy a complete medical check-up which had me visit several different wards in the hospital.

Eyes, ears and heart was first. I run, so I am always checking my heart rate for cardio training. It is usually around 65...but I couldn't get it down below 90 because of nerves and the exertion of climbing up the mountain to get there. Oh, and I also found out I need glasses. Damn it! Blood work was done over the counter, fortunately the urine sample was not. I did have to get an x-ray which was a little freaky...are you supposed to feel an electric shock from those things?

I will need to return on monday to collect the paperwork for immigration. If they find any traces of drugs or disease I will be deported, that shouldn't happen...

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds terrible but I had to laugh!! sorry!! (especially the x-ray and electric shock !!)
did you have to do that for the last trips?
SO weird!!!

1:57 AM  
Blogger segovia said...

No, the last time it was so easy to get a visa...I think there have been so many problems with criminals now we have to get thoroughly screened!

2:47 AM  
Anonymous attitude whatsapp status said...

Great blog and then the articles are just awesome.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Ashish said...

Check this out:
November 2015 Calendar Printable Best Whatsapp Status

10:38 AM  
Blogger Ashish said...

Frohe weihnachtsgrüße 2015
Forhe Weihnachtsgeschenk für freundin
Forhe Weihnachtsgeschenk für freund
Forhe weihnachtsgeschenke für eltern
Frohe weihnachten 2015 russisch
frohe weihnachten russisch
Weihnachtsgeschenke 2015 für eltern
weihnachtsgeschenke für eltern 2015
Weihnachten 2015 wünsche
Weihnachtsgeschenk 2015 für freundin
Gedichte zu weihnachten 2015
Gedichte weihnachten 2015
Gedichte Forhe weihnachten
sprüche zu weihnachten 2015

11:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nice website
happy new year wishes images

2:52 AM  
Anonymous lavanya said...

very good

felicitaciones de navidad personalizadas

3:34 AM  
Blogger muniappan said...

hi it is very nice thanking you
lohri pictures 3D wallpapers
2016 lohri images 3D wallpapers
lohri photos 3D wallpapers 2016

1:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

very interesting thanks for it

republic day pictures

republic day wishes

happy republic day images

2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anti valentines day pictures
anti valentines day party
anti valentines day poems
happy anti valentines day
anti valentine day quotes
anti valentines party
anti valentines day quotes funny
funny anti valentines day memes
funny anti valentines day cards
anti valentines day sayings
anti valentines day movies
anti valentines day images
anti valentine pictures
anti valentines day ecards
anti valentines day jokes
anti valentines day pics

2:13 AM  
Anonymous tamil actress said...

thanks to this site
tamil actress hot photos

9:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for the great article.
March 2016 Printable calendar PDF

1:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...



Thanks for sharing the post and keep the good works...........
happy new year quotes for lover

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

https://pixengo.com/best-microphones-for-youtube/

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home