Sunday, May 25, 2008

Tim Horton's Race

The summer sibling series continues...

Today my sister and I ran the Tim Hortons Camp race in Bronte Creek, Oakville Ontario. 2 5k circuits of dusty gravel road. I thought it was just me until I realized everyone was wheezing around me.

I had forgotten what the heat can do to you while running, I am not the a very good sweater in the best of times and while this may be a bonus on first dates and elevator rides, it does not help during strenuous activities in the outdoor heat. The knee braces were a cautionary choice, no issues but I wanted the psychological support more than the physical.


I was hoping to beat 50:00, as you might be able to see I didn't quite make it...I think that says 50:08. I swear I could not have run any faster...that was a personal best. The 10k I ran was 54:36 (http://seltsonblue.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html) so I guess I should be happy. Third place got a prize, that M'Fo' passed me at the last water station and got in with a time of 49:52... dang!


Dang!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!! goog for you!!! I don't like running, I can walk for hours but no running!!
salut Shannon!!! you look GREAT!!

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Android Hacks said...

thank you admin for sharing the great info Mood Off Dp

4:27 AM  
Anonymous pregnancy test calculator app said...

Thank you for sharing this very nice post awesome keep sharing.

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home