Saturday, March 08, 2008

South Africa - Intro

I sit at my desk this Saturday afternoon, vaguely studying and watching the snow outside. We were expected to have close to 40cm over the weekend, I'm sure I cleared at least 20cm off my car this morning. The last time I drove my car was back from Pearson airport last Saturday after my trip to Capetown, SA.

I haven't really gotten around to writing, or blogging my trip (such an ugly verb!) for various reasons. But I took so many pictures I thought I would share them in the next few postings which will grouped episodically. Africa is a big place, South Africa is also a big place, Capetown is not such a big place but it is a massive mental experience to have spent a week there. The levels of exposure to the natural and civilized features, the culture, diversity, poverty and affluence are simultaneous and difficult to sift apart. I'll spare those thoughts for another venue, still I wish to thank my many hosts for being so accomodating and kind...and for protecting me from the ostriches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home